hands texting with mobile phones in cafe

Earn Money From Property

Earn Money From Property

Finding Property

Renovate Alerts offers a unique service – they search the internet looking for property for sale that’s in need of renovation. Every few days they email subscribers with links to the latest properties.

Mortgage Meadow is here to help people who get bogged down in looking for a mortgage. Whether they have had financial difficulties, are self-employed and can’t prove their income or need help in arranging a Buy To Let mortgage, their advisors are specialists in their field. Mortgage Meadow’s advice is provided by Quantum Mortgage Brokers, who were voted The Best Small Brokers by Mortgage Strategy Magazine and also were shortlisted for the Best Mainstream Brokers in the British Mortgage Awards in 2006.

Easy Switch Mortgages is a National Mortgage Broker dedicated to providing the right advice for clients. Whole of Market choice of lenders, over 75 different Banks, Building Societies and Specialist Lenders. Over 50 years experience of dealing with our clients’ financial needs, whatever their requirements, including buy to let mortgages. They deal with the client from start to finish, with named case managers, wherever they live, and will do their best to guide them round the Mortgage Maze, especially in this difficult financial world.

Finding a Solicitor

Contact Law has 4,000 solicitors located throughout the UK that can help individuals and businesses in all areas of law including family, employment, commercial, personal injury, will & probate, immigration and conveyancing. They can quickly put clients in contact with a good value and experienced local solicitor.
Landlord and Tenant Obligations

Whether you are a landlord or tenant, it is vital that you are aware of your legal rights and obligations. The law protects both parties and does not permit you to “take the law into your own hands”, irrespective of circumstances. It is important that landlords fully understand their obligations. The Disability Discrimination Act, Sex Discrimination Act and Race Relations Act also apply to anyone letting, selling or managing premises. If you are in doubt about anything seek legal advice.

Assured and Assured Shorthold Tenancies: A guide for landlords
You probably need to read this booklet if you are letting, or thinking of letting, a domestic property and the letting began on or after 15 January 1989 The booklets explain the most important features of landlords’ and tenants’ rights and responsibilities but they are only a general guide.

Assured and Assured Shorthold Tenancies

The Housing Acts of 1988 and 1996 set out the rules that apply to assured and assured shorthold tenancies. These are the type of residential tenancy agreements used by most private landlords and housing associations. There are a number of matters on which landlords or tenants must follow certain rules laid down in the regulations. In some cases it may be necessary for them to complete a form that proposes an action that may affect the other party to the tenancy agreement. The nine forms are listed below and can be downloaded.

These forms are known as Prescribed Forms because the wording in them has been carefully drafted to ensure that the person completing the form and the person on whom it is served may understand what is being proposed and what they may do in response. Failure to serve the correct form may invalidate the action that is being proposed.

You may not alter the wording in these forms unless a form says you may do so. If you alter the wording, the form may be invalidated. You must also comply with any notice periods set out in the form.

These and other landlord and tenant forms may also be available to purchase from legal stationery companies. Legal stationers also supply tenancy agreements that have been carefully drafted to comply with the law. It is strongly recommended that landlords only use tenancy agreements that have been drafted to comply with relevant legal requirements.

Letting rooms in your home: A guide for resident landlords
You should read this booklet if you are letting (or thinking of letting) part of your only or main home. In law, a resident landlord letting is one where the landlord and the person he or she lets to live in the same building. This includes conversions where they live in different parts of the same property (however long ago it was converted).

Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation in England: A guide for landlords and managers
This publication is aimed at landlords and managers who manage a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO), or if you are not sure whether you manage a House in Multiple Occupation. The booklet explains more about HMOS, which HMO’s are required to be licensed and what other if any responsibilities there are in relation to the management of HMOs.
Energy Performances Certificates

When buildings are to be rented out, the landlord is responsible for ensuring a valid certificate is made available to all prospective tenants.

The EPC and recommendation report must be made available free of charge by a landlord to a prospective tenant at the earliest opportunity and no later than:

* when any written information about the building is provided in response to a request for information received from the prospective tenant; or
* when a viewing is conducted; or
* if neither of those occur, before entering into a contract to sell or let.

An Energy Performance Certificate does not have to be made available if:

* the landlord believes that the prospective tenant is unlikely to have sufficient funds to purchase or rent the property or is not genuinely interested in renting that type of property; or
* the landlord is unlikely to be prepared to rent out the property to the prospective or tenant (although this does not authorize unlawful discrimination)

Homes will require an EPC on rent from 1 October 2008.

An EPC for rented property is valid for ten years.

The only person who is able to produce an Energy Performance Certificate is an accredited energy assessor. They may be employed by a company (such as an estate agent of energy company) or be independent traders. Always check they operate as part of an accreditation scheme, as this ensures your energy assessor is operating to professional standards.

Smart Landlord provides a range of services to landlords and property owners. The first products to be offered are Energy Performance Certificates, but future products to be released in the next few weeks include Buildings and Contents insurance, Rent guarantee insurance and property maintenance.
Landlord Insurance

Karmainsurance.com offer the following:

* A single point solution for the Private Landlord with up to 20 properties – but up to 99 can be covered on 1 policy & special discounts are available for large schedules
* Special Discount for properties registered accredited with Universities, Colleges, Local Authorities or Housing Associations
* Emergency Property Repair insurance included FREE of charge – contractors with you in a maximum of 2 hours (usually less than 1 hour) with no excess
* No Post Code Rating one low buildings rate for the whole of the UK
* Optional Access to our Contractors network for Repair and Maintenance at guaranteed rates, and with guaranteed service standards
* No Policy Excess any claim over £150 is met in full

Optional extras include:

* Gas Check Certificate
* Boiler Service
* Legal Expenses
* Rent Guarantee

They also offer additional discounts for 5 or more properties. Cover is available for both UK and EU properties, including holiday lets.

Endsleigh are the UK’s leading independent insurance company, offering a wide and comprehensive range of products including Landlord & Renter insurance.
Finding Tenants

Easyroommate.com – the UK’s number one flat share website. Founded in 1999 the company has quickly grown and dominated the ‘flat share’ market worldwide. Our service allows users to post a FREE advert either advertising a room to rent or if they’re looking – a ‘room wanted’ listing. Our technology then matches suitable flatmates, tenants or landlords and notifies users daily by email. Short, easy to complete FREE registration forms.

FlatMateClick is the leading matching services in the UK for those who look for a flatmate or a flatshare. Our website allows our members to look for a place or a flatmate by Postcode and covers the whole UK. You can play it safe by adding your contact info or references to your profile. Hundreds of rooms everyday should make the life of everyone simpler.

Housepals are here to offer you the very best selection of flatshares and roommates. If you have a room to rent then have look at our find a housepal feature to see how many people are looking for a flatshare in your area. Earn some extra cash and advertise your room on housepals, this also stays advertised for 8 weeks ! If you are looking for a flatmate or a flatshare then our simple easy to use search engine will give you a great choice in your selected area.
Useful Links

Overseas Property – Select Property is the UK’s leading private developer of off-plan overseas investment property in the United Arab Emirates.

Local Government – Official site for housing information, including legislation and relevant publications.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *